Flabby arms and armpits are a result of a number of factors. The skin ages with time and tends to sag in older adults. Fat accumulates on the upper arms and when muscles weaken, the fat pulls the skin down. Losing weight leaves loose skin that gets flabby. While there are no exercises to spot trim for fat, you can perform arm exercises to tone the triceps and biceps, and pull up the flab for firmer arms & armpits.
1. Thumb downs: Stand with your feet in a wide stance and point your toes outward. It is important to note that your knees should be in line with your toes. Keep your spine in a neutral position, chin up and hips pulled in. Next, fully extend both arms outward (right arm directly over right knee and vice versa) with your hands in the thumbs up position. Next, rotate the thumbs in and downward (as if you were pouring our a bottle of water). Slowly lower your arms, thumbs brushing closely inside the thighs until they meet (starting position). Then in one quick sweeping action, raise the arms up as high as possible following the same angle as the descent. Repeat this movement as many times as possible in 30 to 60 seconds.
2. Bridge the gap: Stand with your back against a corner. Walk your feet forward, keeping only your head and back against the wall. Raise your arms up 90 degrees with elbows bent. Squeeze your shoulders blades together while contracting your triceps and drive your elbows back into the walls to lift your body off of it. You’ll end up in a standing position. Retract and repeat as many times as possible in 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Hands of time: Start in a standard pushup position (with your feet fully extended outward and your hands directly under your shoulders) slightly pick your right hand off of the ground and begin to perform as many counter clockwise circle as possible for 15 to 30 seconds. Then, quickly switch directions (clockwise) for another 15 to 30 seconds. Be sure to contract the tricep muscle on the circling arm to maximize gains while doing your best to keep your hips level.
4. Geisha ups: Kneel on the floor. Touch your big toes together and sit on your heels, then separate your knees about as wide as your hips and extend your arms out in front of your body with palms facing the floor and arms positioned shoulder width apart (child’s pose in yoga). Next, drive your hips forward and fall into a pushup position attempting to come as close to the ground with your chest as possible (knees remaining on the ground). Elbows will be tight on your side, in order to maximize tricep development. Retract to original position and perform as many times as possible in 30 to 60 seconds.
5. Body rockers: Start in a traditional plank position with your legs fully extended and the upper portion of your body supported with your elbows. Next, replace your elbows with your hands until you reach a traditional pushup position so your hands are now supporting your upper body. Return to your elbows and repeat as many times as possible in 30 to 60 seconds.
LAYING TRICEP EXTENSION :
* Sit on the ball and roll down, lowering your body until only your upper back is on the ball. *Contract your stomach and your butt to keep your hips level with your torso. * Bend your elbows back and align them with your ears. *Extend both arms until they straighten completely. Contract the triceps and breath out at the top of the extension. Make sure to keep your elbows in tucked in towards your ears throughout the whole exercise. * Lower the weight back back to starting position and repeat. * Do 12-15 reps / 3 sets
SEATED TRICEP EXTENSION : Vertical Tricep Extension * In a seated position, pull your elbows back toward your ears. Keep the elbows in during the entire length of the exercise. * Let the elbows bend down to starting position. *Straighten the elbows so that the weight is being held over your head. * Contract the triceps and breath out as you push the weight up. * Do this exercise 12-15 times / 3 sets
BOSU DIPS : How To Do It: Sit on the edge of a flat exercise bench and place your hands, fingers facing forward, next to your thighs. Place your feet on the floor in front of you, knees bent. Keeping your arms straight, scoot forward so your butt is hovering in front of the edge of the bench (A). Inhale, bend your arms, and lower your butt (B), stopping when your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale and push yourself back up, straightening your arms.
# Routine :
* Perform as many repetitions as you can in 30 to 60 seconds
* Do not rest in between exercises
* Be sure to drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily. That means if you weigh 100 pounds you need to drink 50 ounces of water. Water will help you feel fuller and more alert. Always remember to drink it cold as it will raise your metabolism from the work it takes to heat the water to body temperature.
* Please feel free to add your feedback on this topic & if you like it do share it with your friends !
For Latest Health Information (Herbal Remedy ) join us on (Click Like)-
Arogyam Pure Herbs On Facebook-http://www.facebook.com/ayurvedahimachal